Welcome to Energy & Power Department Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Consumption of electrical energy is a universally accepted indicator of progress in the agricultural, industrial and commercial sectors of an economy and is also considered a benchmark of living standards of the people of any country.
All relevant matters under articles 154,157,158,161 & 172 (3) of the Constitution and framing policies for the Province in their respect.
- Grant and revocation of licenses to the private electric undertaking, certificates of competency to electrical supervisors and licenses to electric contractors under the electricity act 1910.
- Levy and collection of electricity duty West Pakistan Finance Act, 1964.
- Monitoring of tariff of PECSO vis-à-vis other DISCOs for regulation of tariff.
- Administration of Pakhtunkhwa Hydel Development Organization act,1993
- All maters pertaining and auxiliary to Hydel power station of WAPDA or any other public/private sector agency located in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Advising the provincial Government on thermal, solar, wind, coal nuclear, solar and any other kind of energy and power generation.
- Close coordination with the Federal Govt. in respect of grant of licenses for oil and gas exploration in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and cooperation with such companies and organizations undertaking such ventures in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Matters relating to the extension of gas by SNGPL in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Matters relating to a tariff on Gas/CNG/petroleum products, royalty on gas and oil, gas development surcharge.
- Planning, designing and erection of power generation units and supply of electricity load to the province as per its requirement.
- Representation of the Province on the boards of directors of PESCO and other DISCOs in view of Hydro electricity as major contributor to, and source of, energy.
- Formulate, regulate and review Provincial power policy.
- Investigation into fatal and non-fatal accidents due to electrocution.